Heckington Millers (green) v Benington (blue). Shane Clancy (green), Gav Bell (blue). EMN-160314-162627002
Heckington Millers (green) v Benington (blue). Shane Clancy (green), Gav Bell (blue). EMN-160314-162627002

Neil Johnson rounds-up the latest Boston Saturday League action...

Spilsby Town came back from a goal behind to record a valuable 2-1 home win against Billinghay Athletic in the Premier Division.

After falling behind to an Ed Robinson goal, Spilsby did get back on level terms before the break, then snatched the all-important winner in the second half. Conor Minor and Adam Dales struck Spilsby’s goals.

Benington produced a five-star performance to run out emphatic 5-1 winners from their potentially tricky Premier Division trip to Heckington Millers. Three goals in the opening period from Tim Bell, Danny Maddison and Rhys Cox set the visitors on their way. Bell then bagged a second half brace to complete his hat-trick. Heckington scored a late consolation through Joe Braithwaite.

In Division One, Boston College were held at home by Old Doningtonians when both sides battled out a closely fought 2-2 draw. Nathan Rivett grabbed both of the College goals, while the Dons salvaged a point with goals from Jordan Watson and Chris Wing.

Swineshead Reserves’ match against Freiston, which had been switched to Rosebery Avenue, was postponed after Wednesday’s torrential rain.

Fishtoft Reserves won their Division Two encounter with Kirton Town Reserves 3-1. Kirton opened the scoring with a penalty but Fishtoft equalised straight away, with Jack Cridland tapping in from close range. Two second half goals secured the win for Fishtoft.

Park United suffered their first home defeat of the season when AFC Tetford left Tattershall Road with a 3-1 victory to increase their lead at the top of the table. The Park goal came from Alex Limb.

Dean Seiner hit a hat-trick for Swineshead ‘A’ in their away match at Eastern European FC. Josh Smith was also on target in a convincing 4-1 victory.

The match at Coningsby Reserves, where Holbeach Bank were the visitors, was brought to a premature end when one of the visiting players sustained a serious injury. Coningsby were already leading 1-0 when play was halted.

Leverton Reserves and Spalding Harriers fought out a 1-1 draw in Division Three. Spalding struck first when a long free kick was nodded in, but Deividas Urbsys equalised for the hosts from the penalty spot.

Benington Reserves and Friskney Reserves also shared the points, toiling away to no effect in a goal-less draw.

In the quarter finals of the Sharman Burgess Sports Cup, Old Leake and Railway Athletic served up an absorbing cup tie which needed extra time to produce a result. Adam Abell gave Old Leake the lead after five minutes and they doubled their advantage in the second half through Scott Mackay. However, the Division Two promotion favourites stormed back to level the tie with two headers from crosses and the match went into extra time.

Sixteen-year-old Callum Clark edged Old Leake back in front, finishing in style, and Callum Lawe made it 4-2. Patrick Kacirek then popped up with one of his trademark goals, before Railway pulled a goal back to make it 5-3. Callum Clark netted his second to clinch the tie 6-3.

Another hard fought quarter final tie saw Premier side Coningsby forced into extra time and then a penalty shoot-out by Division One high-flyers Leverton, before the minor underdogs squeezed through 4-2 on penalties.

The deadlock wasn’t broken until the 84th minute when Coningsby’s Andrew Chapman scored, only for Bobby Smith to bundle home the equaliser. There were no further goals so the match went into a penalty shoot-out, with Leverton keeper Ben Shaw saving two penalties to help his side through.

The big all-Premier clash at Swineshead saw Wyberton snatch a 1-0 away win following a match-winning Liam Shinn strike.

In a round three tie, which had been postponed previously, Skegness Town Reserves booked their place in the quarter finals following a 2-1 away win at Friskney, with Josh Whittam hitting both of their goals in the first half. Friskney’s lone strike was scored by Greg Brown.