Michael Farnham heads clear for Skegness Town Reserves in their 4-2 victory over Pointon in the Boston League.
Michael Farnham heads clear for Skegness Town Reserves in their 4-2 victory over Pointon in the Boston League.

Neil Johnson rounds-up the latest Boston Saturday League results...

Taylors Garages Premier Division

Skegness Town Reserves enjoyed another home victory when they defeated Pointon 4-2 thanks to goals from Josh Whittam, Charlie Arabin, Max Forman and Michael Parnham.

When Old Leake do suffer a rare league defeat they certainly do it in style, their goal difference taking another buffeting on Saturday at Heckington Millers following an 8-2 drubbing.

The Millers had two hat-trick heroes with Sam Elliott and Joe Braithwaite both hitting trebles.

For the second successive week the Millers took on opposition from the top of the table and they knew they would have to be on top of their game, similar to their performance at Wyberton seven days earlier.

Heckington were in control throughout and played some outstanding football culminating in some outstanding goals.

The home side found ourselves 5-1 up at half-time thanks to a hat-trick from Elliott, a header from Braithwaite and a strike from distance from the ever-reliable Dominic Kew.

In the second half Braithwaite scored two more to complete his hat-trick while Old Leake got one back through Adam Tempest, following an unfortunate goalkeeping error.

Luke Firth completed their scoring with a free kick from the halfway line to round off a brilliant display before Old Leake’s Scott Mackay grabbed another late consolation to make the final score 8-2.

Fishtoft let a 1-0 lead slip to end up empty-handed when they entertained Ruskington Rovers.

Jamie Skinner gave Fishtoft the lead during the first half and they dominated the game for 80 minutes but could not add to their slender lead.

All their dominance counted for nothing, however, as suddenly, Ruskington come alive in the final 10 minutes to score two goals to claim all three points following a 2-1 away win.

Rovers’ match-winners were Matt Leonard and Sam Jackson.

Shane Brackenbury grabbed a vital match-winner away at Kirton Town to keep Wyberton Reserves on course for the title.

Kirton produced a much-improved performance after some indifferent displays of late but still remain at the foot of the table.

Spilsby Town were held to a goalless draw at Benington but remain on top although Wyberton do have a game in hand, so it couldn’t be much tighter.

Town also look to be heading for a three-point deduction for playing an ineligible player some weeks back.

The player who, unbeknown to them, was serving a suspension from another league, took part in a match which they had won.

Swineshead’s resurgence continued with a 4-2 home win against Billinghay Athletic.

Richard Barker (two), Ryan Barker and Bert Snaith hit the vital goals for the home side.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

Freiston hit seven away at Sutterton as both sides served up a very sporting encounter.

Perrie Dale grabbed a hat-trick while Troy Ayton hit two goals.

The other Freiston goals came from John Rutherford and John Tomiln in a 7-0 away win.

Leverton met a very resolute Fosdyke side who proved very stubborn to break down, defending again with real determination.

Nathan Hubbert’s corner was the difference between the two sides in the first half when his flag-kick curled in directly past a bewildered goalkeeper early on to open the scoring.

Fosdyke continued to battle away and it wasn’t until the 70th minute that Joe Daubney’s cross was dummied by Dom Goddard presenting Nathan Rippin with an open goal which he duly slammed home to double the lead.

Leverton sealed victory when Dom Goddard’s cross was steered home by Alex Tilley to make it 3-0 and seal three massive points for Leverton.

Friskney were held to a 3-3 draw at home by Old Doningtonians.

The home goals came from Victor Sibert, Ben Leech and an own goal while the Dons replied through Ollie Gedney, Chris Grimer and Chris Wing.

A George Lindsey strike was enough to give Woodhall Spa United all three points at FC Wrangle following a hard fought 1-0 victory.

Taylors Ford Division Two

Leaders AFC Tetford were dealt a crushing blow to their title aspirations when they travelled to FC Kirton.

The Kirton side showed their potential with a fine 4-2 home win following goals from Daniel James, who scored twice, Josh Brason and Jody Betts.

Mareham United scored twice at Swineshead A but were still on the wrong end of a 9-2 thrashing.

The visitor’s highlight was a rare double strike from Jonathan Barrs, and he even managed to score one at the other end to help Swineshead along the way.

The Swineshead goals came from Curtis lane and Nic Stone, who both helped themselves to hat-trick, while Dean Seiner grabbed two goals.

The other goal came from Adam Newark.

Referee Chris Armond had a superb game in the middle, allowing play to flow throughout.

Park United came away from Pymoor Lane empty handed after a 3-2 defeat to Sibsey. 

Park took the lead when a defender deflected a Dan Huskisson throw into his own net before Sibsey equalised on the half hour mark to make it 1-1 at half time. 

The pace of the Sibsey forwards troubled Park all afternoon and on one break they took the lead for the first time early in the second half. 

With 15 minutes remaining a left footed volley from Alex Limb looked to have earned a point for Park when his superb effort made it 2-2.

However, almost immediately, Sibsey went down the other end to net a crucial winner.

Sibsey’s match-winners were Jason Wade, Kamar Yeatman and Alex Cammack.

Holbeach Bank played much better than the 10-2 score-line suggested when they entertained promotion favourites, Railway Athletic.

Railway closed the gap on leader Tetford after beating a spirited Holbeach Bank who, despite regular goals going in, never game up and played much better than the scoreline suggested.

Railway took a 5–1 lead into the interval thanks to first half goals from Toni Pascu, Brandon Norman and a hat-trick from Danny Woods, who had come into the game as a very early substitute.

A brace of second-half penalties from Toni Pascu, a Damien Gibbons volley from the edge of the box and two further goals from an inspired Danny Woods sealed a very comfortable win.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

Matt Howden was again in free-scoring mode when his Boston Titans side played hosts to Pointon A.

Hot-shot Howden struck all four of the Titans’ goals in a 4-2 victory.

The Titans started brightly pressing hard from the front and their reward came about 20 minutes in when a corner from Ryan Bristow was headed in by the predatory Howden.

It wasn’t long before Titans struck again when a slick through ball from Mike McPhail set Howden clean through and he finished in style to make the score 2-0.

Pointon began to pick their game up and from a corner the bouncing ball was struck home with a well-timed volley from an acute angle to reduce the deficit at half time to 2-1.

The second half began with Pointon very much on top after they had found their passing rhythm that had pulled apart so many teams already this season.

However, from a counter-attack, Titans won a corner and it was swung in again by Ryan Bristow for Dec Chester to flick on for the lurking Howden to slot home.

Pointon came storming out of the blocks after that but were still struggling to get past the imposing Matthew Nundy, in defence, who was playing the game of his life.

Then from nowhere a deep free kick was bundled in by the Pointon centre half.

Titans were then weathering the storm for a large portion of the second half with another Pointon goal seeming inevitable.

However, from a Titans clearance, a flick-on was won by Shane Perkins which allowed Howden to clip the ball over the advancing keeper to make the final score 4-2.

FC Hammers recorded their second successive 7-1 victory when they returned home from Leverton Reserves with all three points following another superb win.

Goals from Diogo Garcia, from a corner, and a cracking 25-yard volley from Jamie Taylor set the Hammers on their way.

Joseph Lote added another before a Scott Bates double put the result beyond doubt.

A cross-cum-shot from Joe Roberts somehow found its way into the net and the final goal came from Liam Ingamells.

Spalding Harriers got back to winning ways when they defeated Boston Athletic 5-2 with Aidan Doherty and Rafat Grzegorz both scoring twice.

The other Spalding goal came from Jamie Robinson.

BB Insure Willoughby Shield, quarter-finals

Coningsby Reserves eased through to the semi-finals following a 5-0 home win against Fishtoft Reserves.

A decent home line-up was never in trouble and goals from Shaun Boothby, Sean Taylor, Mitchell Allard, Andy Chapman and Ashley Webb saw them through to the last four where they will entertain Swineshead Reserves.

Swineshead Reserves also had a comfortable 4-0 victory when they travelled to Wyberton A.

Two-goal hauls from Josh Smith and Jack Houghton did the damage for Swineshead.

Old Doningtonians Reserves, from Division Three, put up a great fight when they entertained second division side Pointon Reserves.

A solid display kept Pointon at bay during normal time as both sides stood locked in a goal-less battle before the visitors made sure there was no cup upset with a crucial extra time winner.

The other tie didn’t go ahead when Friskney Reserves were forced to withdraw from their fixture at Spislby Town Reserves due to a lack of players.

The expected outcome will be a walk-over result for Spilsby Reserves, who will now play hosts to Pointon Reserves in the other semi-final.

Both ties will be played on Saturday, March 19.