UPDATE: Fire in ceiling joists of home in East Kirkby

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Heat from a chimney liner started a fire at a home in East Kirkby.

Firefighters from Spilsby, Horncastle and Boston were called to Main Road at 4.22pm yesterday.

The fire spread to ceiling joists and firefighters used ceiling hooks to extinguish it.

There was severe fire damage to chimney liner and timber surrounding chimney.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the cause was radiated heat from the chimney liner.