Tribute paid to West Keal man who died in a crash on a road near East Kirkby

No Caption ABCDE
No Caption ABCDE

THE WIFE of a local man who was killed on the area’s roads just weeks before their first wedding anniversary has paid a moving tribute to her “big-hearted”husband.

David Blackburn died on the A155 main road. just over a week ago when his red Ducati motorbike collided with a grey Jaguar at a crossroads just east of East Kirkby.

The 53-year-old family man, who lived in West Keal, died at the scene.

Now his wife Catherine has paid tribute to the father of five.

She said: “David was so content with his life.

“His children had grown upo and were independent and he was enjoying the fact that is was now our time to be together.

“Our first wedding anniversary is only weeks away and we had so much to look forward to.

“He will be desperately missed.”

David was born and raised in Stickney. He was a father to three sons and also a step-father to Catherine’s two children.

He also had four grandchildren aged between two and six-years-old.

Catherine added: “Not only was David a brilliant father to his own boys but he was also a loving step-father to my two children.

“He helped them learn to swim and ride a bike and they thought the world of him.

“He was such a big-heart4ed man who was not afraid to show his emotions, and he loved big family parties and reunions.

“One hug from him would make you feel safe and calm.”

David was a keen traveller and visited many parts of the world, including India.

It was while on holiday in Benidorm that he first met his wife.

Their holiday romance continued to blossom after they returned to the UK, but eventually their lives took separate paths.

David then married his first wife and moved to Chesterfield, where he worked as a miner and his three sons were born.

He later returned to Stickney, and was reunited with Catherine. They were married in June last year and moved to their home in West Keal a few months later.

As well as his devotion to his children David also cared for his parents before they passed away. After his mother had a stroke he became her full-time carer. He also visited his father in a residential home twice a week.