Strong winds have caused havoc in Mablethorpe, blowing tonnes of sand onto the promenade and causing a number of seafront businesses to lose out on vital trade during the half-term holidays.
Business owners have seen their trade suffer “killer” losses over the last three days and Mablethorpe’s main promenade has been left with an overwhelming amount of sand on walls and walkways.
Bobby Baldwin, who owns the Snack Shack north of the promenade, said: “The high wind which has caused the sand to go everywhere has killed my trade this week.
“I keep opening up my business as usual and have been out trying to shovel away the sand from the walkway, but with the wind’s still getting up, it’s fighting a losing battle.
“I saw this same thing happen around three/four years ago and it has not been that bad like it is now since then.
“The winds began to pick up on Sunday and each day it has just been getting worse. People do not want to sit outside and have sand blown their face.”
Sally Gray, who owns the Bucket and Spade Cafe at the opposite end of the promenade, has had to close her business for the last few days.
She said: “I have never seen the wind fly up the sand as bad as this since I took over the running of this cafe three years ago.
“The wind has just been too bad that I have had to shut up the cafe today (Thursday) and I was also closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
“But no-one can stop the weather.”
East Lindsey District Council are now organising the removal of sand from the main public areas, once the wind has died down.
The authority’s neighbourhoods manager, Danny Wilson said: “We are in the process of making arrangements to remove the wind-blown sand from the public areas of the Promenade.
“The wind is still very strong and the sand will be blown back again very quickly. Wind direction is due to change in the next few days.”
*Do you have any photos or videos to share of the sand winds causing havoc in Mablethorpe?