Tell the council of any benefits changes


Anyone claiming housing benefit or council tax support must inform the district council of any changes in circumstances which could affect their claim.

Details on what changes residents should tell the council about can be found at

These include changes in earnings, other income, bank accounts and child care paid, as well as changes in other benefits and when a child leaves school.

It is easy to inform the council about changes, simply by calling 01507 329199 between 8.45am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

It is an offence not to declare changes in circumstances that could affect the amount of benefit paid to you. Anyone found to be in receipt of benefit they are not entitled to will have to pay back the overpayment and could face court action or financial penalties.