Visitors and residents have the chance to take advantage of a whole host of attractions across the county - as a numbers of venues will feature special offers as part of Discover Lincolnshire Weekend this Saturday and Sunday.
The event is promoted by East Lindsey District Council and Visit East Lincolnshire, with the Discover Lincolnshire Weekend set to encourage people to seek out what the area has to offer.
Alison Macdonald, tourism manager, said: “This is a great opportunity to spend the weekend exploring the area with friends and family and see what East Lincolnshire has to offer visitors and residents.”
- Batemans Visitor Centre. Free Tour at 1.30pm on Saturday and Sunday. (Please note, normal admission prices apply for the 2.30pm Tour). www.bateman.co.uk
- Embassy Swimming Pool, Skegness. One free child with every full paying adult on Sunday only (3pm – 4pm). ELDC Safe Swimming Policy applies. www.embassyswimmingpool.org
- Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway at Skegness Water Leisure Park, Ingoldmells. Free open day on Saturday only, 11am – 2.30pm. Take a ride in a preserved narrow gauge coach dating from 1920s pulled by historic diesel locomotives. www.lincolnshire-coast-light-railway.co.uk
- Tower Cinema, Skegness. Buy One Get One Half Price for the teatime show, on Saturday and Sunday. www.towercinema.co.uk
- BJ’s Leisure World, Ingoldmells. Buy One Get One Half Price at Benji’s Play Area all day on Saturday and Sunday. www.bjsleisureworld.co.uk
- Burgh le Marsh Windmill. Free tour of the Mill and Heritage Centre on Saturday (1pm – 4pm) and Sunday (1pm – 5pm). Free drink (limited to one per person). www.heritageburghlemarsh.co.uk
- Skegness Natureland Seal Sanctuary. One child free with every full paying adult on Saturday and Sunday (10am – 4pm). www.skegnessnatureland.co.uk
- Rushmoor Country Park. Free entry on both days. www.rushmoorpark.co.uk
- Louth and District Indoor Bowling Club will be open for visitors across the weekend from 9.45am. Why not take the opportunity to watch a county match and have a look at the facilities. - Horncastle Swimming Pool. Kids go Free in the Family Splash Sessions – Saturday (2pm – 3pm) and Sunday (10.30am – 11.30am). ELDC Safe Swimming Policy applies. www.horncastleswimmingpool.org
- Meridian Leisure Centre, Louth. Buy One Get One Free (cheapest free) during General Swimming session on Sunday only (3pm – 5pm). ELDC Safe Swimming Policy applies. www.meridianleisurecentre.org
- Louth & District Indoor Bowling Club. Open for visitors to watch a county match and have a look at the facilities on Saturday and Sunday 17 March (from 9:45am). www.louthindoorbowlingclub.co.uk
- Hedgehog Care, Authorpe, Nr Louth. Open for visitors to meet the hedgehog patients on Saturday and Sunday 17 March (from 10am).
- Lincolnshire Shooting Centre, Burgh le Marsh. Open to all abilities and ages on Saturday (10am – 3pm and 7.30pm – 11pm) and Sunday (10am – 3pm). Free supervision for beginners. Tea, coffee and refreshments available. www.lsccomplex.co.uk
- Lincolnshire Coastal Grazing Marshes. If Churches Could Speak on Saturday (1pm – 4pm). Meet at Tedder Hall car Park, Manby for a short guided bus tour. The tour will visit five churches that tell the story of communities past and present and the role of churches as the centre of marsh communities reflecting wealth, land reclamation and links with Europe. Booking is required. Please contact the Lincolnshire Coastal Grazing Marshes team on 01507 613132.
- Lincolnshire Coastal Grazing Marshes. East Lindsey’s feathered visitors on Sunday (10.30am – 12.30pm). Meet at Anderby Creek Car Park and join the Coastal Ranger on a gentle ramble through the coast and grazing marsh, as the migratory birds visit the area to rest and refuel. Booking is required. Please contact the Lincolnshire Coastal Grazing Marshes team on 01507 613132.
- Walk with the Ramblers. On Sunday meet at Wragby Market Place (at 10am) for a 9 mile walk with the Horncastle Ramblers. All welcome. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Bring packed lunch and drink. For further info call 01522 791732.
- Walk with the Ramblers. On Sunday, meet at Snipe Dales Country Park (at 10.30am) for an eight mile walk with the Lincoln Ramblers. All welcome. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear and bring a packed lunch and drink. For further information call 01522 682479.