Soot build-up blamed for fire at property near Spilsby

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue. ANL-171114-082754001
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue. ANL-171114-082754001

A build-up of soot has been blamed for a chimney fire at a property near Spilsby.


Firefighters were called to Northorpe Road in Halton Holgate at 4.50pm yesterday (Wednesday).

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue tweeted: “Light damage by fire to one chimney stack, extinguished using chimney equipment. Caused by build-up of soot within chimney.”