Skegness firefighters urge smokers to take more care after hedgerow fire in Hogsthorpe

Share this article

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue’s Skegness crew have urged smokers to take more care when disposing of their cigarettes, cigars and matches after a hedgerow fire in Hogsthorpe yesterday (Sunday).

The Skegness crew were called out to the fire on Maiden Lane in Hogsthorpe at 2.45pm.

The crew used two hose reels and four beaters to extinguish the fire.

“The fire was caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials,” said a spokesperson. “Please ensure your cigarettes are fully out before discarding.”