Skegness fire sparks mass call out

Share this article

SIX fire engines and a hydraulic ladder were called to a house fire in Skegness last night.

The fire took hold in the loft of a three-storey building in Wilford Grove shortly before 1am this morning (Thursday, November 24).

It is thought it was started by en electrical fault in the wiring of a light-fitting.

No-one was injured in the fire.

Three hose reel jets, a covering jet and two 13.5 metre ladders were used to tackle the blaze, as well as four breathing apparatus and small tools. A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue said: “There was severe damage by fire to 100 per cent of the loft space of one property, and 20 per cent of the loft space in another property within a three-storey semi-detached house.

“There was also severe damage by heat to 50 per cent of the second floor and severe damage by smoke to the remainder of the same floor.

“There was light damage by smoke to the remainder of the property.” They added that there was light damage by water to roughly a quarter of a neighbouring property.

The fire crews extinguished the fire and had returned to their bases by 9.30am.