A number of cats have returned home and appeared to have ingested something which has made them ill on Clarendon Road in Skegness.
PCSO Dave Bunker of the Skegness Neighbourhood Policing Team said: “The local vet has indicated that this didn’t appear to be the results of ingestion of typically used household pesticides.”
The cats were taken to the vets and two of them have unfortunately died.
The incidents all occurred in the Clarendon Road area of Skegness.
Police advise to be aware and should your pets return home and look ill, consider consulting a vet.
Police also ask householders in the area to check that any containers of chemicals stored in sheds or other out buildings are secure and not leaking.
If you have any information which may assist police, contact PCSO Morris at Skegness police Station on 01754 762222.