A FIRE at a first floor flat on Roman Bank could have ended tragically had it not been for a prohibition order requiring a new alarm system to be installed.
East Lindsey District Council inspected the flat in January and found the current fire alarm to be damaged beyond repair .
Following the issuing of a prohibition order a high specification new alarm was installed in April and alerted the tenant when a fire broke out on Wednesday, July 27.
The fire started during the afternoon because the cooker had been left on accidentally.
Although the incident caused severe damage to the cooker and damage by heat and smoke to the remainder of the kitchen, there were no injuries.
At 17.24pm crews attended the property and extinguished the fire in an electric cooker.