It has now been confirmed who will be running for Parliament in the Boston and Skegness constituency in May’s General Election.
The ‘Statement of Persons Nominated’ was released a short while ago following the passing of the deadline for nominees at 4pm today (Thursday, April 9).
The candidates are listed as:
- HUNTER-CLARKE Robin James, from the Boston and Skegness constituency - UK Independence Party
- JOHNSON Peter, from Benington, Boston -
- KENNY Paul Robert, from Boston - Labour Party
- LUXTON Lyn, from the Sleaford and North Hykeham constituency - The Pilgrim Party
- PAIN Chris, from the Boston and Skegness constituency - Independence from Europe
- PERCIVAL Victoria, from the Boston and Skegness constituency - Green Party
- WARMAN Matt, from Holbeach St Matthew, Spalding - The Conservative Party
- WATTS David Kenneth, from Bramcote, Nottingham - Liberal Democrats
- WEST Robert Malcolm, from Holbeach, Spalding - British National Party
Five years ago at the 2010 General Election, just six candidates stood for Parliament in the Boston and Skegness constituency.
The deadline for registering to vote for the General Election, due to be held on May 7, is April 20.