Firefighters will be ‘rescuing’ car owners from their dirty vehicles this month as crews across the county take part in charity car washes.
Taking place in various locations throughout September, crews will be on hand to wash people’s cars in return for a donation to The Fire Fighters Charity.
Matt King, deputy divisional commander and charity representative for East Division, says he is looking forward to the events: “Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has been taking part in charity car washes for a number of years now and they’re always great fun to be involved in.
“All proceeds will go straight to The Fire Fighters Charity, which provides life enhancing support for serving and retired firefighters, and which is completely reliant on donations to continue its work.
“We hope as many people as possible take up the unique opportunity to have their car washed by one of their local firefighters and help raise money for a worthwhile cause!”
Crews will be getting their hands dirty on the following dates:
· Market Rasen Fire Station: 5 September, from 9.30am (in Tesco’s car park)
· Skegness Fire Station: 6 September, from 10am
· Grantham Fire Station: 12 September, from 10am
· Lincoln South Fire Station: 12 September, from 10am
· Gainsborough Fire Station: 12 September, from 10am (in Tesco’s car park)
· Bourne Fire Station: 19 September, from 10am (in Tesco’s car park)
· Louth Fire Station: 26 September, from 10am
· Crowland Fire Station: 27 September, from 10am
For more information on Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, please go to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/lfr