Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue make cigarette plea after fire on Ingoldmells holiday park sparks call-out for Skegness crew

Fire-fighters have urged smokers to take greater care when disposing of their cigarettes and cigars after a fire on a holiday park in Ingoldmells in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

Fire-fighters from Skegness were scrambled to reports of a wheelie bin on fire at a holiday park on Roman Bank shortly after 2.45am.

“The fire was caused by a discarded cigarette,” said a spokesperson for Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue. “Make sure you fully extinguish your smoking materials before disposing of them!”