A Lincolnshire couple admitted killing Wainfleet man Wayne Baxter when they appeared before Lincoln Crown Court today (Wednesday).
Sean Booth, 26, and Sarah Booth, 37, both of Croft Bank, Croft, had been due to stand trial this week but today pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of loss of control.
The couple had previously denied the murder of Mr Baxter.
Peter Joyce QC, prosecuting, told the court that the pleas to manslaughter were accepted by the prosecution.
He said “The Crown take the view that it is appropriate to accept these pleas of guilty and there is no need for a trial on the charge of murder.”
Judge Michael Heath then formally entered not guilty verdicts on the murder charge.
The judge adjourned sentence until Monday (13 March) and both Sean Booth and Sarah Booth were remanded in custody.
Mr Baxter, 44, suffered multiple stab wounds during an incident at the Booth’s home in Croft on 2 March 2016.
He was pronounced dead at hospital a short time later despite the efforts of paramedics to save him.