Football fan dad from Chapel admits taking baby to pub and getting drunk

Court news.
Court news.

A 27-year-old dad who had been left in charge of his eight month old son while his partner went to work, took the baby to the pub to watch the Cup Final and got drunk, a court has been told.

Clark Blue Williams of Trunch Lane, Chapel St Leonards, admitted being drunk in charge of a child under the age of seven, as well as assaulting his partner Kirsty Rope by beating and to two counts of damage, when he appeared at Skegness Magistrates Court.

Dan Pietryka, prosecuting, said that on May 21, Williams went out to watch the football at the Happy Days bar, taking his eight month old son with him.

He said he was seen with the baby in the bar at 9.30pm, “visibly well in drink” and “swaying on his feet”.

Mr Pietryka said Williams’ partner Kirsty Rope came after being told what was happening and he started shouting and swearing and was taken out by security staff.

After Ms Rope followed him outside, there was a further argument between them and he pushed her “two or three” times and threw some outdoor furniture around causing £50 worth of damage, before security staff again sent him on his way.

Mr Pietryka said that on his way home he threw a road sign over and went he got back to the flat the couple rented, he pushed over a fridge and damaged a wall and a picture frame, causing more than £200 worth of damage.

When interviewed by the police, he admitted he had taken his son to watch the FA Cup and had drunk eight to ten pints of lager but said he normally could drink 20 pints so he didn’t believe he would have been affected.

Mitigating, Terry Boston said the couple had been together for some time and that although he faced four charges, it was “really just one incident”.

He said Williams had only intended to have one or two drinks when he went out, but “things had got out of hand”.

Mr Boston added that the baby had not been present when Williams assaulted Ms Rope nor when the damage was done.

The magistrates said it had been “an accumulation of offences arising out of one incident” and fined him £300 for assaulting Ms Rope but no further penalty for the other matters.

He was also ordered to pay £265 in compensation and £115 in costs and charges.