Fire causes severe smoke damage to Skegness house

Fire Engines on a call out.
Fire Engines on a call out.
Share this article

The kitchen and ground floor of a house in Skegness suffered “severe smoke damage” after a pan fire yesterday (Thursday).

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue crews from Skegness were called to a property in Park Avenue shortly before 8.40am.

“One pan was removed to open air using breathing apparatus,” said a spokesperson. “There was severe damage by smoke to the kitchen and ground floor.”

The emergency service has urged residents to “stay safe in the kichen”. For kitchen safety advice from Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue click this link.