Eight animals rescued from house fire in Friskney

Lincs Fire and Rescue news.
Lincs Fire and Rescue news.

Fire and rescue rescued eight animals from a house fire in Friskney this morning (Monday).

The force tweeted that they had been called about the property in Eaudyke Road, Friskney, at 2.34am where it had been reported there weree people inside.

Crews from Wainfleet and Skegness attended the fire, where they rescued six dogs and two cats, administered oxygen to 3 people, who suffered smoke inhalation.

The force reported severe fire damage to an electrical junction box and paper in a kitchen cupboard and two kitchen units along with smoke damage to the house.

Lincs Emergency Response, which is part of the Red Cross, was also on scene giving advice and support to the occupiers.

The cause is believed to be due to an electrical fault in a junction box.