“Wild animal” thug from Nottinghamshire jailed for drunken Butlins assault in which victim lost four teeth

Lincoln Crown Court, where Fletcher was sentenced.
Lincoln Crown Court, where Fletcher was sentenced.
Share this article

A man who smashed a man’s teeth out in Butlins and also repeatedly kicked his victim in the head following a 12-hour drink bender has been jailed after admitting to the ‘sustained assault’.

Terry Fletcher had been on a 12-hour drinking binge with his younger brother Anthony before carrying out the attack at the Butlins holiday complex at Ingoldmells.

Abigail Joyce, prosecuting, told Lincoln Crown Court that the brothers became involved in an altercation with two couples in the early hours as they made their way back to their apartments.

One of the brothers made a derogatory comment to one of the women in the other group and moments later Anthony Fletcher assaulted Scott Pley who suffered a blow to the head which knocked him to the ground. He was then punched and kicked to the body.

Terry Fletcher then then repeatedly kicked a second man Stephen Harrop to the head and body before security staff intervened and detained the brothers.

Miss Joyce said: “The staff who detained the brothers described them as being very aggressive and like wild animals.”

Mr Harrop suffered two black eyes and lost four teeth as a result of the attack.

Terry Fletcher, 30, of Short Street, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts, admitted assaulting Mr Harrop causing him actual bodily harm on 1 April 2012. He was jailed for 12 months.

Judge Michael Heath told him: “This was a sustained assault by you involving repeated kicking to the head. If you kick somebody repeatedly to the head and cause injuries as you did then you go immediately to prison.”

Anthony Fletcher, 22, of the same address, admitted assaulting Scott Pley causing him actual bodily harm. He was given a 16 week jail sentence suspended for 12 months with 180 hours of unpaid work.

Terry Boston, for Terry Fletcher, said his client had little recollection of what happened due to the amount of alcohol he had drunk.

“Alcohol was a significant factor in this. He apologises whole heartedly for what happened.

“He now has a stable job. He has a partner who is due to give birth to his first child at the end of May. He would dearly like to be there to support that partner.”

Daniel Thomas, for Anthony Fletcher, said he had never been in trouble before.

“He got involved in an unprovoked attack while in drink with his brother. They had been on a 12 hour drinking session while on their holidays.”