To support Small Business Saturday on Saturday, December 6, 2014, East Lindsey District Council is providing motorists with free parking.
The Council is joining the Forum of Private Businesses to promote the day in an attempt to encourage shoppers to support local businesses.
On December 6 there will be no need to purchase a ticket in any East Lindsey District Council-run car park.
Portfolio Holder for the Environment, Councillor Steve O’Dare, said: “Small Business Saturday is another opportunity for us to promote our high streets and all that they have to offer.
“I would encourage people to take advantage of the fact there will be no parking charges on this day and visit your local high street to support the smaller businesses.”
Alex Jackman, Head of Policy at the Forum of Private Business, added: “It is great to see East Lindsey District Council supporting their small firms in this way. We want to see as many people as possible in local independent businesses on the December 6 and believe the free parking offers will encourage people to think small and shop locally.
“As the cost of doing business continues to rise it is more important than ever to support our small businesses. East Lindsey along with the other councils that have agreed to offer free parking are an example of the excellent work local authorities can do to support small businesses.”
East Lindsey District Council-run car parks are:
- Skegness: Arcadia, Lawn Park, Prince’s Parade, Richmond Drive, North End, Pierside, Festival, Embassy, Scarbrough Esplanade and Avenue, High Street, Town Hall.
- Burgh le Marsh: Market Place.
- Spislby: Post Office Lane, Boston Road; Market Place, Buttercross.
- Alford; Market Place, South Street, Millers Way.
- Chapel St Leonards: Well Vale Drive, Sea Road.
- Winthorpe: Jackson’s Corner.
- Sandilands: Sandilands.
- Louth: Cannon Street, Kiln Lane, Bridge Street, Broadbank, Cattle Market, Linden Walk and Newmarket, Northgate East and West, Queen Street, Kidgate, Market Place, Town Hall, Co-op.
- Mablethorpe: Seacroft, High Street, Park Square, Quebec Road, Queen’s Park Main and South, Seaview.
- Horncastle: Cattle Market, The Bain; Market Place, St Lawrence Street.
- Sutton on Sea: Marine Avenue, Broadway.
- Woodhall Spa: Royal Square; Broadway.
- Coningsby: High Street, Silver Street.
- Tattershall: Off Market Place.