Bedroom fire for Wainfleet home

A TERRACED house in Wainfleet All Saints was badly damaged by fire on Sunday.

Firefighters were called to the three-storey house in Barkham Street at 6.57am.

The fire caused severe damage to the first floor bedroom and lounge and to the remainder of the second floor of the property.

Heat from a fallen halogen light is thought to have been the cause for the fire.

Four fire crews from Skegness, Wainfleet, Leverton and Spilsby responded to the emergency.

Crews used two hose reels and six breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze at the property.