Christmas puddings, carrots for Rudolph, Prosecco and Pop Up Pirate all made their way into customers’ Christmas Eve baskets, ensuring December 25th was both fun and flawless
As the festive period approaches, Amazon has revealed the late purchases made on Christmas Eve 2017 via Prime Now, Amazon’s ultra-fast delivery service that allows customers in selected postcodes to order as late as 10pm on Christmas Eve 2018 for same-day delivery, just in time for the big day.
The list of almost forgotten items covers everything from stocking fillers like Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Rubik’s Cubes, to gift wrap, gift bags and Christmas cards and family fun with Pie Face, revealing the UK will wait until the final hour to put the last touches to the most anticipated celebration of the year.
The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was one of many items ordered on Christmas Eve 2017, perhaps lined up for a lucky gamer on the big day. Food items including Morrisons Christmas Pudding, Morrisons Wensleydale With Cranberry, Bisto Gravy Granules and Morrisons Maris Piper Potatoes feature prominently as last minute cooks took to the kitchen. Conversely, some customers kept things a great deal simpler, stocking up on non-festive food favourites such as Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle and Chicago Town Pepperoni Pizza for when the turkey sandwiches have been exhausted.
Throughout the day on 24th December, attention turned to ensuring guests wouldn’t be left thirsty, with customers ordering Bottega Gold Prosecco, Gallo Family Rose Wine and Taylors Vintage Port as well as instigating a rise in British beer sales, including BrewDog Punk IPA, Bishops Finger Kentish Ale and Marston’s English Pale Ale. One of the last orders of the day on Christmas Eve came in the form of Bomb Cosmetics handmade bath bombs, as customers looked for some rest and relaxation after a busy period of prepping.
“Enjoying the festive break is hugely important for customers, making convenience an absolute priority,” said Matt Knight, Head of Marketing for Amazon’s Prime Now service in the UK. “Last year Amazon saw a variety of items purchased with only hours to spare before Christmas Day, including food and drink, beauty gifts, toys and tech. Prime Now deliveries can be made in one or two hours slots on the same day which means customers can save the day by ordering and taking delivery of gifts and essential must-haves on Christmas Eve, whilst enjoying time with family and friends.”
Practical items such as Hallmark wrapping paper suggested a fair few near misses in Christmas present prep, while Duracell AA and AAA batteries and Morrisons Warm White Lights kept the Christmas toys operational and festive lights twinkling respectively.
With Christmas being the ultimate time to spend with family and friends, customers also snapped up entertainment must-haves, including the Amazon Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick, ensuring Christmas music and festive films could be easily streamed.
Popular last-minute essentials bought between 12:00am – 7:59am on 24th December 2017 included:
- Celebrations Tub
- Morrisons Luxury Gold Crackers
- Morrisons Mince Pies
- Morrisons Sprouts With Chestnuts and Butter
Gifts became a focus between 8:00am – 3.59pm on 24th December 2017 including:
- Yankee Candle Vanilla Cupcake Candle
- 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food by Jamie Oliver
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Gods Collector’s Edition (PS4)
- co.uk Gift Card
Late festive items purchased between 4:00pm – 9.59pm on 24th December 2017 included:
- Beyonce Heat Perfume
- Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa
- Monopoly Ultimate Banking Game
- Morrisons Smoked Salmon
There is still time to pick up a gift from Amazon in time for Christmas – order by the dates below to get items before 25th December 2018:
- Friday 21st – Standard Delivery (Order as late as 11.59pm or get unlimited One-Day Delivery with Amazon Prime)
- Sunday 23rd – One-Day Delivery (Amazon deliver on Monday 24th Last order time for delivery by Christmas varies by item and location)
- Monday 24th – Same-Day (Evening Delivery – Amazon deliver on Monday 24th December in Greater London and 80 other cities and towns. Order eligible items as late as 12 noon. Availability is limited)
- Monday 24th – Prime Now (Two-Hour Delivery. The fastest delivery service, exclusively for Amazon Prime members. Amazon deliver on Monday 24th December in selected postcodes in London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Portsmouth, South Yorkshire and Glasgow. In select areas, order as late as 10pm on Christmas Eve for delivery by midnight. Availability is limited)
- Monday 24th – AmazonFresh (Amazon’s grocery delivery service available in selected postcodes in London and the South East. Delivery of a range of thousands of grocery items from Morrisons, Booths, Whole Foods Market and favourite brands, in convenient one-hour delivery slots. Same day delivery available, order by lunchtime for delivery that evening. Subject to availability. Requires membership of AmazonFresh. Fresh add-on is £3.99 per month on top of Prime membership for unlimited deliveries. Learn more about starting a 30-day free trial here).
- Tuesday 25th December – Last Minute Gift Ideas (Email or Print a gift card)
Visit amazon.co.uk/lastorders for full details.
Be sure to visit the Last Minute Christmas Deals event, running from 6th December to 21st December 2018 with Deals of the Day and Lightning Deals on categories including Gifts for Kids, Gifts for Adults, Christmas Food & Drink, Stocking Fillers and top trending deals this Christmastime.
Prime Now launched in London in June 2015, and has expanded to reach more than 30% of the UK population. Prime Now is now available exclusively for Prime members in selected postcodes in London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Portsmouth, South Yorkshire and Glasgow.