National netball award for locaL lady
SKEGNESS‘S Paula Hill has won a national award from England netball for her work in the sport locally.
The England netball’s National Golden Globe awards are presented to the very best of the best volunteers across the whole of the country.
Paula, who won the East Midlands netball regional award earlier in the year, beat all of the other volunteers in her category from across the nation.
The awards were presented at the LG Arena in Birmingham to those who have contributed the most to the advancement of netball. This can be in a number of areas such as coaching, umpiring, administration and general netball development.
Paula Hill won the ‘Mary Bullock Administrator Award’ for the plethora of administrative work she has dedicated her life to, in aid of local netball.
She has run and administered the Skegness league for over 20 years and also organises and runs an annual charity tournament at Skegness that has up to 36 teams competing every April. It is one of the biggest senior tournaments in Lincolnshire.
Alongside these commitments, Paula has been Lincolnshire’s county netball secretary for over 10 years, continuously relaying information between all netballing stakeholders.
Paul is known for continuously sorting the paperwork and booking courts for netball trials and coordinating matches against other counties.
She has also developed Lincolnshire’s own county league, which now has over 65 teams in it, ranging from high five teams right up to the senior players.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West