Black triumphs at Oulton Park
SKEGNESS motor-racing ace Amanda Black enjoyed another triumphant weekend of action when she took to Oulton Park.
Despite wet and soggy conditions on Friday’s test day, by Saturday morning the sun was shining.
Having had limited running in the wet, Black decided to get behind experienced racer Andrew Outterside for qualifying.
The two had a great battle and Graeme Smith, the three time champion, also entered the fight.
Black qualified second with a time that was faster than the current lap record. So for the fifth race in succession she would start on the front row.
Having one of the best starts to a season with things pretty even with Justin Cox from pole position, suddenly out of nowhere came a fast starting James Russell from the third row.
The first lap was a real tussle but Black managed to get past James Russell on the inside of Island bend and continued to work hard to catch up with Justin Cox.
She lined up on Cox on the inside of Druids, getting a faster run out of the corner, but Cox slip-streamed past her into Lodge Corner.
“This time I got a faster exit and past him on the pit straight,” said Black.
With the first lap completed, the three continued to swap places. On lap four Black got into the lead and managed to work hard to pull out a gap from second place. Putting in qualifying-style laps she managed to achieve a new lap record.
Black went faster still on lap eight, posting a new club record of 2:05.336, beating the previous record by 1.3 seconds and achieving this without a tow.
A race win was recorded with an eight second lead.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
- Visitors flock to Skegness
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east