Easy three for Spilsby
Spilsby were too hot to handle on Saturday and gave Fishtoft a sound 3-0 beating at home in the Boston League.
Following a quiet opening spell Spilsby scored the first goal after 22 minutes.
Adam Dales found Matt Barker, who cut inside the full-back and placed a clever shot past the keeper into the far corner.
Jack Bache, who was making some excellent diagonal runs, won a free kick on the edge of the area and from the resulting free kick scored Spilsby’s second with a firm header.
Spilsby were now in complete control and more goals looked inevitable. After further good work from Bache, Daniel Cobb struck the post from 25 yards with the keeper well beaten.
The second half was all Spilsby, with Twigge having another fine game at the back and Cobb and Barker controlling midfield.
The third goal arrived after Bache and Smith pressurised the Fishtoft defence once more and Smith crossed for Matt Barker to stroke the ball home.
This was another good performance from Spilsby, with lots of good movement all over the pitch to culminate in a convincing win.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west