The district council has launched safety tips for people out and about at the coast or near rivers this summer.
A motorist driving behind the lorry which upturned near Skendleby on Monday has told of the terrifying moment he saw the 44-tonne vehicle topple and the brave rescue that followed.
A 38-year-old lorry driver suffered a suspected broken leg after her lorry upturned on the A1028 near Skendleby, trapping her inside.
A popular mascot which has welcomed visitors into the town for many years is set to receive the face lift he desperately deserves.
The British Transport Police (BTP) are offering people in the community the chance to air their views and provide feed back on operations as part of a citizens panel.
The Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership has warned would-be drink-drivers to think of the consequences of their actions ahead of the summer’s warmer weather.
He’s driven countless buses as a Stagecoach employee but now as the Mayor of Skegness, he’s appearing in quite a different capacity.
Disabled drivers in Spilsby were reportedly offended by councillors’ comments which suggested some were causing parking obstructions in the town.
Sixty bikers were stopped yesterday (Sunday) and 15 riders reported for offences as part of a push to reduce motorbike deaths and injuries in the county.
The significant timetable alterations for services to and from Skegness this summer are ‘not as bad as has been reported’ business representatives have said.1 comment
Shoreline boat tours offering panoramic views of the Skegness coastline could begin boarding as early as this July.
Travel disruption fears ahead of Bank Holiday getaway after emergency landing at Heathrow forces both runways to close
Local residents looking to jet off to foreign climes over the weekend may be set for disruption today after an emergency landing forced the closure of both runways at Heathrow Airport.
Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) lifeguards will be returning to keep a watchful eye over Skegness and Mablethorpe beaches from this weekend (Saturday, 25 May).
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
- Visitors flock to Skegness
- Application for three 15-metre wind turbines at Skegness Stadium in Orby is deferred
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east