The work of Red Cross nurses during the First World War at a temporary hospital in Spilsby has been remembered at a ceremony in the town.
A plaque marking the use of Franklin Hall as a hospital in the conflict was officially unveiled at the recently held event.
The newly restored plaque is now proudly on display in the entrance hall of the building after being hidden from view for several years in a storage room.
It had been presented by the North Lincolnshire Branch of the British Red Cross Society to acknowledge the use the building, then called the Drill Hall, as an auxiliary hospital in the war.
Franklin Hall Trustee and Management Committee decided a more fitting setting was required for the plaque to mark the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War.
A total of 1,386 injured servicemen were cared for by local Voluntary Aid Detachment Nurses between October 25, 1914, and February 20, 1919.
The ceremony was organised by the Spilsby Branch of the Royal British Legion (RBL) and attended by representatives from the Spilsby branch of the Red Cross.
The branch also unveiled a new plaque honouring the servicemen from the Spilsby area who died in the First World War, along with former branch chairman Brigadier Peter Adams, who passed away earlier this year.
The ceremony concluded with an archive film show on the Lincolnshire Regiment in the First World War, given by members of the Royal Anglian Regiment Association.
The regiment was based at the Drill Hall until 1964 when the building was purchased for the community.