THE HUGELY popular Lincolnshire Show is just a week away and the Standard has teamed up with the show’s organisers to offer two families free admission to the grounds on either day - a prize worth £58 per family.
This year’s show will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, June 20 and 21.
And it is guaranteed to be more popular than ever in 2012 thanks to a spectacular array fo attractions - including world-class jousting from the Knights of the Damned, two qualifier heats for the Kennel Club’s Scruffts mixed breed dog show; top level show-jumping and a host of shopping opportunities.
Reflecting the agricultural heart to the Show, this year’s events will include the ever popular pig racing; the spectacular Grand Parade of the best of the county’s livestock and the vintage to modern day agricultural machinery display.
As well as the county’s finest animals on show, there will be an exciting mix of rural and family attractions during the two days, including the best of Lincolnshire produce at the massive Select Lincolnshire and Tastes of Lincolnshire Food Court, home to a mouth-watering selection of local produce and some great homemade recipe demonstrations.
This year’s Sports Zone has top billing in the run up to the 2012 London Games, and will be encouraging visitors to try their hand at a huge range of Olympic and Paralympic sports. This year’s sports include cricket, golf, wheelchair basketball, canoeing, volleyball, table tennis, hockey, athletics and the ever-popular Zorb Balls.
And there is so much more besides.
For more information about what is on, and directions to the show, go to wwww.lincolnshireshow.co.uk.
All you have to do to be in with a shout of winning free entry to the showground for you and your family (two adults and up to three children) is answer the question below and then email your answer and contact details (name, address, phone number etc) to email@example.com before the closing date of Sunday, June 17 at noon.
What is the name of the venue where the Lincolnshire Show takes place?
The tickets entitle the winners to free entry to the show (for up to two adults and three children) on either the Wednesday or the Thursday, but not both days).
Winning entries will be drawn on Sunday and the tickets will be posted first class to the lucky winners for delivery on Tuesday, June 19.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east