A MAN was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a 14-year-old girl from Willoughby was killed in a car crash at Welton le Marsh on Saturday.
The girl, who has not been named, died at the scene of the accident, which occurred around 12.15pm on Hanby Lane.
Police said one vehicle was involved in the crash, a Renault Clio.
A 13-year-old boy was flown to Hull Royal Infirmary suffering from facial injuries, which police said were not thought to be life-threatening.
He was still being treated in hospital on Sunday.
Police said the driver of the car, a 42-year-old man from the same area, was “arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving whilst over the alcohol limit and for causing death when over the prescribed alcohol limit.”
“He has since been released on police bail until a date in October, pending further enquiries,” they added.
Also in the vehicle was a 36-year-old man who was the front seat passenger.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or who saw the vehicle prior to the incident should contact the Collision Witness Hotline on 01522 558855 and quote ‘incident 200 of August 4’.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west