Free-falling fanatics have managed to not only enjoy the thrill of a lifetime but also raise thousands for a vital charity which supports brave heroes of the armed forces and their families.
The 18-strong adrenaline team took to the skies and plunged 15,000 feet during a tandem skydive at Hibaldstow Airfield near Brigg recently.
Bella King and her sister Harriet Helliwell organised the event to help raise money for the RAF Benevolent Fund as the charity is close to their family’s hearts.
Speaking before the event, back in June, Bella said: “This cause is very close to the hearts of my family with our dad having served as a spitfire pilot in the Second World War,” said Bella.
Through the team’s efforts, over £2,000 has been raised and a heartfelt thanks has been expressed to everyone who donated.
“I want to say a big thank you to everyone for all the incredibly generous support we received, and to all the participants who joined in bravely, all who have never skydived before but me, it was gratefully appreciated,” added Bella.
And Bella, is no stranger to the skies, after having skydived before with a team from Lowndes in Skegness where they managed to raise funds for The Butterfly Hospice.
Commenting on her experience, Bella said: “I did a skydive before and I thought it would be an excellent way to raise funds again for such a worthy charity as those serviceman and women who have fought for our country, and the funds go towards helping both them and their families,” added Bella.
A thank you went to everyone who took part, including, Ben Swift, Tom Sevenson-Joyce, Charles Shelbourn, Zoe Johnson, George Damms, George Riggall, Tracy Bradley, Vicki Wusche, Bob Parsons, Nick and Vikki Hague, Rob Knight, Mark Belton, Kia Buterfield, Keely Smith, Craig Rowbottam, Ben Bloodworth and Fresh Fitness Gym and caravan park.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
- Visitors flock to Skegness
- Application for three 15-metre wind turbines at Skegness Stadium in Orby is deferred
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east