The Skegness Conservative branch discussed an in-out referendum on the EU at its annual general meeting recently.
Chairman John Cowpe said following David Cameron’s recent speech on Europe the Conservatives were the only party who could deliver an in-out vote.
He praised the role of Skegness North Ward County Councillor Mark Smith, who successfully proposed a motion at Lincolnshire County Council calling for a referendum.
Mr Cowpe added that the county council had managed to freeze council tax for three years.
He listed projects which local county councillors had helped bring about, including new schools, better broadband and more.
“Our county councillors have helped to set up community libraries at Seathorne school and Ingoldmells. They are also pressing for adequate funding for sea defences and a new Skegness-Ingoldmells Relief Road,” said Mr Cowpe.
“And they are fighting to protect the Coastal Country Park from ‘industrialisation’ by the electricity industry.”
The following were elected for the coming year: president, Mairi Perry; chairman, John Cowpe; deputy chairman (policy and campaigning), Coun Carl Macey; deputy chairman (membership and fund-raising), Michelle Martin; treasurer, Coun Ken Milner; secretary, Coun Dick Edginton; constituency executive council representatives, John Cowpe and Coun Ken Milner; hon auditor, Michael May; branch liaison officer, Theresa Walker; press and publicity officers, John Cowpe and Coun John Byford; Conservative Policy Forum chairman, John Cowpe; committee, the officers above.
Also elected were Coun Colin Davie, Coun Deborah Milner, Coun Steve O’Dare, Coun Neil Cooper, Coun Pauline Cooper, Coun Mark Smith, Mr Paul Jackson, Coun Kevin Smith, Coun Jeff Hames, Coun Tina Mellors, Coun Steve Kirk, Coun Sid Dennis, Mrs Anne May, Miss Gail May, Coun John Upsall and Gordon Davie.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west