A BABY’s arrival is always a joyous occasion for any family to welcome.
But when 19-year-old Alice Solomon gave birth just recently, her relatives had even more cause to celebrate.
Little Poppy-Mae Elliot became the fifth successive generation of females in the family alive today, spanning back to her great-great-grandmother, 93-year-old Dorothy Wilson.
Poppy-Mae joins an illustrious family of successful Skegness entrepreneurs, with Dorothy setting up the Heat and Light Centre on High Street more than half a century ago and her granddaughter, Poppy-Mae’s grandmother, Sharon Kilner, owning Spalls Gift Shop on Lumley Road.
The family are all delighted to have another baby girl joining their ranks.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west