DCSIMG

Lincolnshire firefighters urge public to take care this Burns Night

 

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has urged those celebrating Burns Night not to end up calling it ‘Burns’ Night for another, more literal, reason.

One of the leading causes of house fires is unattended cooking.

And with people up and down the country giving the haggis, neeps and tatties a whirl tonight, they’ve urged the public to take care in the kitchen.

A spokesperson said: “Happy Burns Night, everyone! If you’re celebrating, don’t end up calling it ‘Burns’ Night for another, more literal, reason.

“Please don’t leave your neeps and tatties unattended while cooking. Unattended cooking is a leading cause of house fires,” they added.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page