DCSIMG

Fire ‘severely damages’ Spar shop and damages garage in Ingoldmells close to Butlins

Fire crew wearing breathing apparatus in action.

Fire crew wearing breathing apparatus in action.

A fire in the early hours of Tuesday morning gutted a Spar shop in Ingoldmells and damaged the adjacent garage.

Four fire crews were scrambled to the blaze at the Gulf garage on the junction of Skegness Road and Roman Bank shortly after 1am.

Fire crews said they believed the fire was caused by radiated heat from an oil burner within the garage.

The blaze caused ‘severe damage’ to the Spar shop and moderate damage to the garage.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: “There was moderate damage by fire to the garage, which measures 8m by 10m, and moderate damage by smoke to the remainder of the garage.

“There was also severe damage by fire to the adjacent Spar shop and 100 per cent severe damage by smoke to the remainder of the shop.

“The fire was extinguished using four breathing apparatus, two hose reels, one main jet, thermal imaging and hand tools.

“The cause is believed to be radiated heat from an oil burner within the garage,” they added.

The fire crews had returned to base by the time of the fire service’s last update at 6.50am.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page