Blushing brides to be have been invited to bid for a glamorous bridal package and in turn raise funds for a much loved local end-of-life hospice.
Local dressmakers, beauticians and cakemakers have donated luxury wedding items to the Butterfly Hospice for it to auction off to the highest bidder.
Butterfly Hospice chairman Yvonne Slater says she is overwhelmed by the generosity of local businesses.
“I want to say a huge thank you to all the local businesses who are contributing to make this a perfect day for the winning bride and for the support shown for the Butterfly Hospice - it is very much appreciated.”
The fabulous wedding package features an exquisite wedding gown donated by Legends in Boston worth £1,700 and made to the bride’s size,
The dress is now on display at the shop in Emery Lane and has been modelled here by student nurse Leanne Chamberlain, herself a charity fundraiser.
Legends owner Julie Simmons said: “I saw the dress and thought I just had to get it for the hospice.
“I’ve done a lot to support the hospice in the past with charity fashion shows, as it’s such a great local cause.”
The lucky winner will also be offered a glamorous makeover by Perfect Ten, which will design their nails and apply make-up and Rebecca Callow, the ‘cake lady’ will create a delicious three tier wedding cake with a unique butterfly theme.
To bid send your name, address and phone number with the amount you wish to bid to: Yvonne Slater, the Butterfly Hospice, Rowan Way, Boston. PE21 9DH.
The closing date is Tuesday, April 30, at 5pm. The winner will be announced in the Standard and on the Butterfly Hospice’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West