The premises of a Chapel St Leonard’s business was damaged by fire at the weekend when the Little Mermaid Fish and Chip shop was ablaze.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue confirmed that the fire at the fish and chip restaurant and takeaway on Chapel St Leonard’s Drive was caused by an electrical fault - specifically, a problem with the fuse box, they said.
Firefighters were seen dowsing the flames on Sunday, March 23, at 2pm, using four appliances and two hose reels to tackle the blaze.
Fire crew confirmed that no one was injured in the incident.
However, the first floor of the building was damaged by fire said the fire service.
This photo of fire crews tackling the blaze was kindly sent in by Coun Fiona Brown.