A burglar has been given an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) banning him from entering holiday caravans across Lincolnshire.
Callum Horton was given 876 days’ custody in a young offenders’ institution after admitting breaking into a caravan at Pearl Court on the Butlin’s complex at Ingoldmells.
But Judge John Pini QC also imposed a five-year ABSO which bans Horton from entering static and holiday caravans in the county.
Horton (pictured) was told that he faces a possible five-year custodial sentence if he breaks the ASBO.
Judge Pini, passing sentence at Lincoln Crown Court last Friday (August 1), told him: “I have to deal with you for your third offence of dwelling burglary. You have specialised in breaking into static caravans and holiday homes. In this particular case you caused immense distress to the family that were on holiday.”
Horton, 20, of St Johns Drive, Ingoldmells, admitted burglary carried out on April 22 this year.
Phil Howes, prosecuting, said the victims were a family-of-four from Hull who were staying at Butlin’s.
They went for a swim in the early evening followed by a meal before returning to find their caravan had been burgled.
Horton stole cash and a 12-year-old’s mobile phone. He was arrested after CCTV images showed him in the area of the burgled caravan.
David Eager, defending, said that Horton has become a father since the burglary but he is likely to miss the early period of his daughter’s life as he will be serving his sentence in custody.