Heat from light bulb starts airing cupboard fire

Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.

Firecrews were called to Evison Crescent in Alford last night after heat from a light bulb started a fire in a property.

Crews from Alford, Spilsby and Skegness attended the incident at 9.41pm last night (Tuesday) where they used a hose reel to put out the fire and ventilated the property.

An airing cupboard and contents were damaged and the hallway suffered smoke damage.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was caused by radiated heat from a light bulb igniting bedding in the airing cupboard.