Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue’s Skegness crews were called-out to a scrubland fire in the town’s beach area last night (Friday) - the third such blaze in the area in as many Fridays.
They were scrambled shortly after 9.45pm to a fire in the South Parade area.
They extinguished the fire using a knapsack sprayer. The cause of the fire is belived to have been carelessly discarded cigarettes.
The incident comes one week after Lincs Fire & Rescue urged the public to take more care when disposing of lit materials.
Although there have been some showers in the past few days, weeks of bone dry weather have left the grass tinder dry, increasing the risk of fire.