Electrical fire at Burgh business

0
Have your say

THREE fire engines were called to an electrical fire at a major Burgh le Marsh business on Wednesday (October 12).

Two portable cabins and a steel container suffered damage in the blaze at Layford’s Contract Packers in Ingoldmells Road.

Two appliances from Skegness and one from Wainfleet were used to extinguish the fire, which began shortly after 9pm. The scene was given the all clear at 10.50pm.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said that severe damage was caused to the steel container and its contents, and there was moderate damage by heat to the two portable cabins and their contents.

There was also mild damage to 20 square metres of sandwich panelling and six metres of guttering.

They added that the blaze was caused by an electrical fault.

Layford’s did not wish to comment.