SIXTH-FORM graduates still looking to embark upon higher education have been invited to apply for one of 100 places reserved for local students by the University of Lincoln.
The top-50 ranked university has retained spaces on popular courses such as architecture, computer sciences, criminology and many more, in an effort to remain ‘deep rooted’ within the local community.
Registrar Chris Spendlove said: “We are committed to maximising opportunities for Lincolnshire students and we have been able to identify places specifically for county-based students.”
The university also has accommodation available for students applying through clearing and has urged any of those still considering their options to set their standards high.
Mr Spendlove added: “Lincolnshire students looking to attend a well-respected university with excellent career prospects should not be scared of shopping around or think they have to settle for second best.”
Former students to have enjoyed success at the university after applying through the clearing system have urged others to follow in their footsteps .
Matt Dorrington, 21, is on course to graduate with a BSc (Hons) in biomedical science next month and is already working at Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, conducting biopsies for research purposes.
He said: “Deciding to do biomedical sciences at the University of Lincoln was the best decision I could have made because I wouldn’t be doing the fantastic job I’m doing now, if I hadn’t chosen to study there.”
UCAS figures show that nationally the number of students accepted through clearing has increased this year, while the overall acceptance rate has declined compared with 2011.
Chief executive Mary Curnock Cook said: “The combination of fewer applicants and the lifting of number controls for higher achieving candidates means there are many more courses with vacancies in clearing this year.”
Lincoln University’s clearing call centre is open from 9am until 4pm, Monday to Friday, on 01522 886622.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east