EVERY student at Skegness Academy receiving today’s GCSE results gained five or more A* to C grade passes.
And more than half of those students attained the baccalaureate target of five or more A* to C grades including English and mathematics.
Principal Kelvin Hornsby said: “Yet again pupils at the academy have proved that they are able to rise to the expectations and challenges placed before them.
“This has enabled them not only to achieve their potential but to go beyond any national targets set for this individual cohort.
“There has been a significant increase in the pass rates for both GCSE English and mathematics and this trend also continues across all GCSE subjects.”
The impressive results have helped the academy continue on its upwards trajectory since it took over from the failing St Clement’s College in 2010.
Its proportion of students achieving five A*-C grades including Egnlish and maths is six per cent higher than last year’s results and 15 per cent above the 2010 score.
This year’s results far exceed the national target of a 40 per cent pass rate at GCSE and are also above the 50 per cent national pass rate to be introduced in 2015.
Special congratulations have been issued to students Samantha Cooley, Shannon Vincent and Georgia Smith as they all passed their Spanish GCSE after only one year of study.
Other top performing students include: Amy Rose Snoshill-Rothwell, Savannah Byers, Shannon Millar, Chelsie Staples, Kennedy Gration, Toni Boyce, Lisamarie Verheul, Kayleigh Bradley, Robyn Martin, Charlotte Gray, Sophie Lees, Daniel Hobson, Hope Grant, Lewis Cawthorn, Abbeygale Jackson, Jake Ward, Raymond Tunstill, Omania Delieu, Chana Coy and George Price.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
- Visitors flock to Skegness
- Application for three 15-metre wind turbines at Skegness Stadium in Orby is deferred
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east