SKEGNESS Grammar School has hailed its youngsters’ academic successes after nearly half of its students’ A-level results were grade B or higher.
In total 47.6 per cent of the results were either A*, A or B.
The school also enjoyed a very high general pass rate - with 98.6% of students passing their exams.
Headmaster David Ward said: “The students are to be congratulated on their success this year. Their solid commitment to their studies has paid handsome dividends with some excellent academic results.
“Whatever pathway they embark upon next, they have established a tremendous foundation on which to build upon for their future studies.
“My best wishes go to all students and my thanks must go to the staff and parents who have done so much to support the young people over the years of their education at SGS.”
Chairman of Governors Jamie Gordon commented: “I am delighted for all the students, staff and parents at SGS. A super set of academic results achieved by all the students, my thanks to the dedicated staff whom work so hard to prepare the students for their academic examinations.
“SGS continues to enhance its Grammar reputation, attracting students within Skegness and around Lincolnshire as day students as well as boarders seeking excellent teaching and pastoral care resulting in high academic success.”
The school added that every single student “deserves credit for their efforts”.
However a number of students also achieved “superb individual performances worthy of special mention”.
Owen Alcock, Callum Dewar and Amy Khan all achieved a 3 A* grades. In addition, Thomas Baird, Alice Glenn, Samantha Ho, Sam Khan, Emily Mitchell and Emily Shovlar all achieved at least three grades at A* or A.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
- Visitors flock to Skegness
- Application for three 15-metre wind turbines at Skegness Stadium in Orby is deferred
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east