The family of missing man David Le-Man say they have been ‘overwhelmed’ by the level of public support following his disappearance on Monday.
Well over 100 people - including over 80 members of the public - flocked to South Parade car park in Skegness this morning to join in with the latest search of the area for missing David.
He vanished on Monday morning while walking his dog Millie along the beach.
The dog was found wandering the beach shortly before midnight that evening with her lead still on.
Earlier on Monday, eye-witnesses had spotted David walking towards Gibraltar Point at 2pm, and then again at 4pm as he made his way north back up the beach.
No sightings have been made since then.
Police have spent the last few days combing the sands and dunes around the Gibraltar Point area.
But this morning they were joined in the hunt by dozens of kind-hearted local residents, who were keen to do their bit to try to find David.
And David’s sister-in-law Joy Cole, speaking for the family at the start of the search this morning, said the moving response had been overwhelming.
“It’s amazing. His wife has been overwhelmed with it all, she can’t believe that many people have come out to help.
“Everyone is pulling out all of the stops - there are even people here we don’t know who are keen to help who saw the appeal on Facebook or on the news.”
Joy added that the disappearance of David had hit the family hard: “It’s just such a horrible situation and we are racking our brains, trying to go back over the past weeks and months to try to find the reasons for it all, but in sitautions like this there don’t seem to be any rational reasons for it.”
She added that the family wished to thank everyone for their support so far, the volunteers for turning out, and the many well-wishers.
Today’s search volunteers are set to comb the golf courses at Seacroft and the North Shore, as well as up the beach from South Parade.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east