Updated: Progress slow as divers continue search for body of missing woman Anne Simpson

A diver at the Lakeside Caravan Park on Tuesday. Photo by John Crossland.
A diver at the Lakeside Caravan Park on Tuesday. Photo by John Crossland.
0
Have your say

09:00 Thursday - THE man arrested in connection with the disappearance of Anne Simpson from a caravan park in Skegness nearly eight years ago has been released on bail.

The local force was speaking on Wednesday morning as the second day of a painstaking underwater search got underway at the Lakeside Caravan Park in Sutton on Sea.

The search for Anne, missing from Skegness since 2004, was restarted on Tuesday after an anonymous phone call made last week from a phone box in Leicestershire appeared to direct them to the site.

Lincolnshire Police say a 62-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Anne’s disappearance, though the Standard understands the man is actually 63 and is being questioned at a police station in Torquay.

A police spokesperson said searches within the lake and also on land at the site could last for the rest of the week.

The spokesperson said the lake searches were being done by hand, meaning progress is slow.

She confirmed nothing was found during yesterday’s searches.

Anne’s daughter Jo Hill yesterday appealed for anyone who may have information about Anne’s disappearance to call Lincolnshire Police.

“The last years have been horrible, you wake up very morning not knowing what happened or where she is,” she said.

“None of us believed that she was still alive, because she used to call us most days and would never disappear like this, so it’s been absolutely awful.”

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 35 of 15 May.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers in complete anonymity on 0800 555 111.