Charging fault starts forklift blaze in Benington

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

A battery powered forklift and its charger were damaged after they caught fire in a building in Leverton in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).

The alarm was raised at 1.33pm and fire crews from Boston and Leverton attended the scene at West End Road, Benington.

Both the forklift and charger were severely damaged before being extinguished by the crews wearing breathing apparatus using a hose reel, three dry powder extinguishers.

The cause is believed to be a fault on the charger, according to a Lincolnshire Fire and rescue Service spokesperson.