Cannabis grow room sparks Skegness house fire

0
Have your say

An electrical fault with an alleged cannabis growing operation in Skegness sparked a house fire last week.

Firefighters from Skegness, Wainfleet and Lincoln were called to the blaze on Holland Drive shortly before 9pm on Monday, June 17.

A 39-year-old man living in the house was interviewed and received a police caution for cultivating cannabis.

The first floor landing, loft and its contents suffered severe damage.

There was also severe damage by smoke to the remainder of the first floor and moderate damage to the remainder of the property.

It is believed a neighbour may have rescued some of the occupants. No one was hurt.