Hospitality representatives have expressed their sadness after speculation grew that one of Skegness’s most historic hotels may have closed for good.
The Crown Hotel on Drummond Road shut last week, leaving only a note saying it had closed, without further explanation.
Skegness East Coast and Wolds Hoteliers Association chairman George Facey said he had not received confirmation of the closure, but felt it a shame, if true.
He said: “It’s a shame if they have gone under because they were one of the oldest hotels in Skegness.
“The last thing we want to see is one of our members closing, but at the end of the day that’s the climate we are living in at the moment.”
Further rumours that the Grosvenor House Hotel on North Parade was also closing have since been quashed by its owner. Russell Sparkes said the hotel had closed for January but would be reopening on Friday, February 1.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West