TV talent star Cher Lloyd set for Skeg gig
TV talent show star Cher Lloyd is set to perform in Skegness next week.
Cher will perform in the Embassy Theatre on Monday, August 20 from 7.30pm.
“The first thing most people want to know about Cher Lloyd is, “What does the music sound like?” Then it’s “What’s she really like?” said a spokesperson.
“To kill the proverbial bird with the proverbial stone, it/she is dynamic, determined, funny, outspoken, totally inimitable, incredibly astute and really very enjoyable to spend time with.
“After coming fourth on the most talked about TV talent show of all time, Cher was soon snapped up by Simon Cowell’s record label, Syco.
“But rather than propel her down an obvious pop route, they encouraged Cher to follow her musical instincts.
“This was, after all, the girl who performed Keri Hilson’s version of Soulja Boy’s ‘Turn My Swag On’ for her initial audition, before bringing down the house later in the series with ‘Stay’ by Shakespeare’s Sister.
“Cher already has a huge following, she has become one of the most talked about people from X Factor, with over 600,000 followers on Twitter, around 100 million views on YouTube, the cover of RWD magazine and features in fashion bible Wonderland. Cher is undoubtedly the poster child for alternative urban pop this year.
“For Cher Lloyd, it is genuinely all about the music; her biggest ambition is to carve a niche within the overpopulated pop-sphere and judging by reactions to ‘Swagger Jagger’ and ‘With Ur Love’ she’s more than acheived that,” they added.
“I just wanted to make sure my music was completely different to everyone else’s,” said Cher. “It’s sort of simple really; I had a vision and that vision has become reality now.”
Tickets cost £19.50 per person. The concert is standing room only.
For more information, or to buy tickets, call 0845 674 0505 or visit www.embassytheatre.co.uk.
To discuss wheelchair and limited mobility access call the theatre on 0845 674 0505.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east